73 TR6 New Restorer Questions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: 73 TR6 New Restorer Questions
From: Murry J Mercier <mercierm@battelle.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996 07:30:28 -0500 (EST)
     I have been on the road for about a month, ~100mi, with brakes seats
     etc.. I have a few questions:

     1) Courtesy lights- are there one or two courtesy lights in a stock
     73?. I find one door-swiched bulb holder on the passenger side and a
     similar holder on the drivers side which is dash-light switched. Is
     this correct?. From the wiring diagram it looks like both should be
     door-switched. Where does the drivers side bulb mount?... I assume the
     passenger bulb mounts below the cubby.

     2) British Leland Emblem- Assuming that stock 73's had emblems, what
     is the correct location? (fender-door seam to emblem edge
     distance/fender bottom to emblem edge distance etc.?)

     3) Heater blower- Should the heater blower run all the time the
     ignition is on in the low position, even when the switch is in the
     forward position?

     4) Window regulator adjustment- I have added a passenger side window
     regulator and window but am having trouble adjusting it... is it
     normal to have to elongate the 4 mounting holes around the crank to
     allow glass to rotate CCW?  (The glass touches the wind screen at the
     top... gaps at the bottom, with the regulator in the up-most position)

     7) Wipers- On a stock 73 do the blades park on the passenger side?...
     mine are missing and the motor does not park.  Can this be corrected
     by adjustment or replacement of parts in motor drive assembly... or
     is it best to look for a replacement?

     6) Manuals- Is the Bently manual the most complete to answer this type
     of questions?  I tried to order from TRF but out of stock... I have
     the factory manual for '73 -'76 which is very abbreviated. What about
     the Haynes?... Sources for ordering at the best price?

     what a fun car ;)... I think I am lucky, being a novice LBCer, this
     car seems to run and handle really well...thanks to the mechanical
     skills of the PO... the more I drive the better it seems... even the
     'eau de castral' has diminished (or maybe I am getting used to it)
     Thanks for letting me bother the list.  The first contact re brake MC
     and silicone fluid produced numerous responses all with good advice.

     Murry Mercier
     73 TR6 Weekly Driver in
     Columbus OH
     CF10027U...(O)