RE: What temperature? TR6 Zenith Stromberg temp. by-pass valve

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: What temperature? TR6 Zenith Stromberg temp. by-pass valve
From: "Lee Daniels, daniels@tamu.edu" <DANIELS@alchem.chem.tamu.edu>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 1996 10:32:10 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: Creigtrium@aol.com
Creigtrium@aol.com asks:

>I still have one question.  What temperature should the temperature
>by-pass valve be set at?

I suppose that you mean "At what temperature should the temperature bypass
valve be set?"  ;-)  Evidently the bimetallic strip takes care of that ---
the only adjustment needed is to ensure that it is just seated at ambient
temperature and that it is free to move.

Some of us recall this discussion from 4 years ago, the definitive answer
being:

>Date: Thu, 3 Sep 92 09:30:21 PDT
>From: ian@Centric.COM (Ian Macky)
>To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
>Subject: Temperature compensator
>
>I finally found a reference in my Bentley about the proper setup for the
>CDSE-175's temperature compensator unit.
>
>Under the TC fuel setup diagnostics on page 218:
>
>    Symptom: Poor idle quality
>    Cause:   Temperature compensator faulty.
>    Action:  With engine and carburettor cold, check that compensator
>             cone is seated, and free to move off seat.  If any doubt
>             exists, replace unit with new assembly.

Lee M. Daniels   Laboratory for Molecular Structure and Bonding   Texas A&M
 daniels@tamu.edu            (409) 845-3726          Fax (409) 845-9351
 '74 TR6  '77 MGB