Re: Dolomite/Sprints ?

To: R John Lye <rjl6n@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu>
Subject: Re: Dolomite/Sprints ?
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 15:54:08 +0400 (EDT)
Cc: Jerry McDonald <mjm@art.ca.boeing.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
On Jul 29,  3:06pm, Andrew Mace wrote:

> > > but they never seemed interested at all in promoting the 2000 and
> > > 2.5 sedan line here (which they probably should have done).

Jerry McDonald replied:

> > I remember about 7-8 years back at the Portland All British Field Meet
> > when a derelict 2000 showed up and won first in class.

R John Lye added:

> Ya' know, I've run across at least three or four 2000 sedans
> for sale over the years.  I never really thought that they
> were *that* rare.  Maybe I really should have bought one of
> them...

Not that it matters now, but think back about 20 years or so, to the
possibility, in the U.S. of a four-door Triumph with the 2.5PI
engine and perhaps somewhat upgraded wheels, tires and suspension. Put
some leather seats and wool carpets in, etc.

Can you say Q-ship?

If only I'd been running Triumph back then.... ;-)

--Andy