Re: Dolomite/Sprints ?

To: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Subject: Re: Dolomite/Sprints ?
From: mjm@art.ca.boeing.com (Jerry McDonald)
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 12:20:21 -0700 "Re: Dolomite/Sprints ?" (Jul 29, 3:06pm)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: Dolomite/Sprints ?
> On Mon, 29 Jul 1996, Jerry McDonald wrote:

snip

> I speak only for the U.S. market, which received NONE of the
> "non-sports" models of Triumph after that watershed year of 1967 (I
> count the Stag amongst "sports" models here). It was understandable that
> S-T USA was not interested in "Federalizing" the by-then aging Herald
> line, but they never seemed interested at all in promoting the 2000 and
> 2.5 sedan line here (which they probably should have done). If they had
> done that, AND worked with the 1300/1500 and later Dolomite line in the
> U.S., and if pigs could fly, and, and....
>
> --Andy "ain't hindsight grand?" Mace
>-- End of excerpt from Andrew Mace

I remember about 7-8 years back at the Portland All British Field Meet
when a derelict 2000 showed up and won first in class. It was the only
non-sports Triumph at the meet. There was also a gorgeous 1800 Roadster,
but it was in a class by itself. Yep hindsight.

--
Jerry McDonald: mjm@bobo.ca.boeing.com (work) or jmac@nwrain.com (home)
Car guy .sig: 82 Volvo Turbo Wagon, 77 Honda Civic CVCC, 61 Triumph TR4