TR4 SU question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 SU question
From: mdalmaij@compusmart.ab.ca (Mark and Judy Dalmaijer)
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 1996 21:31:47 GMT
Hello (once again) to the Group,

   My TR4 which I had problems starting earlier runs fairly well overall
now. At higher RPM (>2000) there is plenty of power but  I noticed that at
idle the engine shakes quite a bit in the engine bay (no funny mechanical
noises) and there is no low end power like it once had.  I did change the
damper oil so they match in both pistons.
   At idle, if I slowly lift the air valve on the back carb, the motor will
die off (I assume lean out) but when I do the same on the front carb nothing
really changes, the motor keeps ticking along. I'm sure this is not right
and I think once this is fixed the whole car will run great.
   When I was having my earlier problems I cleaned out the jets as best I
knew how (so not much) and generally cleaned up all the linkages. Any advise
would be greatly appreciated!!!

Mark Dalmaijer

1964 TR4 SU Carbs