starter/solenoid

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: starter/solenoid
From: "gregg stephan" <nebula@cybercom.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 96 23:43:29 EDT
Hi, I'm new to the list.

Just started resurrection of 1973 TR6. Its been sitting for 5 years. In
trying to turn it over today, I found that the connections to the solenoid
were not correct. The battery connection to the large bolt was fine, but the
thinner wire from the ignition to the small clip on the solenoid had snapped
off. The entire strip of metal is still in the wire clip, and all that
remains on the solenoid is an impression in the bakolite where it mounted
and a small metal pin recessed. I guess there was a pin that attached
through the clip to this spot.

How can I reattach it? Was this a threaded screw that sheared off (I think
not as there is a hint of solder residue on the clip at the spot where it
would have attached).

Should I forget it and just buy a new solenoid?

gregg stephan                          nebula, boston, ma
jenna dudley           <http://www.cybercom.net/~nebula/>
design digiratti                      nebula@cybercom.net