Re: Removing "Locking Style" Lug Nuts

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Removing "Locking Style" Lug Nuts
From: Alan Coleman <alanco@sybase.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 96 10:32:34 PDT
Cc: self <alanco@sybase.com>
Thanks everybody for the advice!

The car is neither legal nor safe to drive at the moment, so taking it
somewhere
was not an option.

The idea about the little round shims seems very clever indeed.

What I did was not entirely different from that.  I ground the outside of the
thing
down with a dremel until there were six ridges in approx the configuration of a
hex
nut, then slid a big socket over it.  Got it to where the socket went just far
enough on to get some torque with a breaker bar, and the nut came right off.

Took about 2 hours with the dremel, so I guess this is a great excuse to buy a
grinder!  Especially if I can hook other kinds of wheels to it so I can use it
on
rust...

So now I can get on to the real work, once my crate of parts arrives.

Thanks,

AC