TR-6 clutch slipping

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR-6 clutch slipping
From: tlund@ilhawaii.net (Tom Lund)
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1996 18:26:35 -1000
My clutch is slipping and it seems to be getting worse. Going up the
slightest incline in 4th gear, speed slowly drops while RPMs stay
the same.

I recently bled the system, the slave cylinder push rod is in the correct
(middle) hole of the lever, and I removed the metal wedge that I had
jammed between the clutch pedal and the master cylinder pushrod
thinking it may have acted like "riding the clutch."

Any thoughts or ideas before I check the bank account, clear a
weekend, clean the garage and order a new clutch?

Thanks............Tom