Re: TR-6 clutch slipping

To: tlund@ilhawaii.net
Subject: Re: TR-6 clutch slipping
From: aj253@rgfn.epcc.Edu (Tony Robinson)
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 96 00:15:50 MST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

>My clutch is slipping and it seems to be getting worse. Going up the
>slightest incline in 4th gear, speed slowly drops while RPMs stay
>the same.
>
>I recently bled the system, the slave cylinder push rod is in the correct
>(middle) hole of the lever, and I removed the metal wedge that I had
>jammed between the clutch pedal and the master cylinder pushrod
>thinking it may have acted like "riding the clutch."
>
>Any thoughts or ideas before I check the bank account, clear a
>weekend, clean the garage and order a new clutch?
>
>Thanks............Tom

Tom,
 Better take out a bank loan now.
 Sometimes, very rarely, you can get away with washing the clutch disc
with brake cleaner with the engine running and rthe pedal depressed. At
best this is only temporary.
 If you are going to do the clutch, replace all three parts, the disc,
pressure plate and throw-out bearing to avoid having to get back into it .
 Just my opinion.
Best Regards,
Tony R.
###