Some odd things about my TR-6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Some odd things about my TR-6
From: tlund@ilhawaii.net (Tom Lund)
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1996 18:26:37 -1000
I've found several things on my TR-6 that don't match drawings and
descriptions in the Bentley shop manual and the latest Moss catalog.
I'm wondering if these are things the DPO messed up before or after
really screwing up the electrical, clutch hydraulics and brakes.

The car was repainted red so most of the commision plate ( on the
driver's door post) is obliterated. Stamped in the upper right corner is
"May 1972", roughly in the center is "DC 82058          U", at the
bottom "23" is under the D and "33" is under the U. I assume this is
a 72, the commission number is C82058U, and the original paint was
Sienna (code 23).

Now, the odd things:

The horn push spring is the short one for TR-250. When I got the car,
the horn didn't work so I popped the push button and no spring. I
ordered the 3.4" one from Moss and it was too long. I returned it and
got the 2.6" one which works fine. The DPO may have changed the
steering wheel but it seems to me that the horn contact length is a
function of the steering column.

The hub trim things on the steel wheels are silver instead of black like
the Moss catalog says.

The switch plinth has 5 holes instead of 4. The order of things (L to R)
is air distribution, fan, cigarette lighter, heater, and choke.

It has an air vent grill instead of the pop up vent lid.

There is no interior lamp  on the tranny tunnel.

The seats (underneath the dirty sheepskin covers) have a Southwestern
style geometric fabric print with tan vinyl trim.

I'm not planning on a concourse rebuild, but thought someone may
have some ideas.

Thanks.......Tom