Re: radios

To: mkatzman@email.njin.net (marshall katzman), triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: radios
From: twakeman@scruznet.com (TeriAnn Wakeman)
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 1996 07:46:00 -0800
At  8:14 AM 3/29/96 -0500, marshall katzman wrote:
>How were factory installed radios situated in a TR 3?
>Was the speaker built into the radio?
>Do you recommend reversing the car's polarity in order to install a new radio?
>Or, should I keep listening to a portable transistor radio or better yet no
>radio...just the engine's sound?
>
>Ciao!
>Marshall

I have seen later TR3s with an old tube type radio that was mounted on a
black metal enclosure that sat on the hump in front of the transmission
shifter.  The single speaker was in the enclosure over the radio facing the
front.  I have some pictures, and I took some measurements in case I wanted
to add a radio one of these days.  I know where the pictures are but would
have to hunt for the measurments.

TeriAnn

twakeman@scruznet.com   <- NOTE NEW ADDRESS

Celebrating my tenth year on Usenet/Internet