GT6 tech queries

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6 tech queries
From: Scott McGibney <aa372@sfn.saskatoon.sk.ca>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 1996 09:37:54 -0600 (CST)
Sounds like some interesting GT6s are in the works out there; I've got a
couple of questions I'd like opinions on: My '71 Mk3 is undergoing a body
off rebuild into a streetable autox vehicle: reworked head, tube headers,
Spax dampers, higher rate front spring, urethane bushings.

1. I'm looking for cam recommendations - the TR5 cam looks like a good
choise based on Egil Kvalbergs Triumph tuning info - any others?

2. Has anyone out there actually done the late model swing spring swap
into a rotoflex suspension as suggested by Kas Kastner or did he just
think this was a neat idea? This came up on a previous thread I dug
through in the archives but nobody who had real experience with it responded.

3. I know the 3.89 rear end is probably the better choise for autox but
everything is a long way away out here on the prairies, anyone got
experience travelling witha non-od 3.89?

thanks to all

Scott