Re: TR6 Engine Wanted

To: lupienj@wal.hp.com
Subject: Re: TR6 Engine Wanted
From: Nickbk@aol.com
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 1996 01:08:51 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
John-

Glad to hear that all my perseverance in this quest for an engine,
has finally actually gotten a positive response.
It seems just about everybody picked up the cheapo moniker
and ran with it, but no one actually read what I wrote ie. that
I enjoy shopping for the part and that to me it is half the fun.
Sure I didn't buy a part that wasn't what I wanted, and in some cases I spent
a half a day without buying anything (this really
got to a few people who see time as money), but I spent a half
a day talking to some Triumph guys, swappin stories, drinkin
beer and generally havin a good time meeting some new people.
It's kinda like goin fishing. Sometimes you don't catch anything, sometimes
you catch a fish or two and let it go. So if I come
home with no fish, does that mean I didn't have a good time ?
I don't think so.<g>
Soooo, back to business here. As you know I am looking for a
rebuildable 70>72 motor (pre 75000 eng no.) if that's what you have we need
to talk. Hopefully you live somewhere at least
west-o-the-rockies. We can take this off the list and deal at a
more personal level, if that's ok with you ?

                                                    The Car Curmudgeon
                                                          Nick
so tell me, how did you get the Celtics and steamed snails into your header ?