Re: The ultimate luggage box. [Was: Luggage rack luggage]

To: "Bruce A. Krobusek" <74106.1335@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: The ultimate luggage box. [Was: Luggage rack luggage]
From: Odd Hedberg <odd@triumphclub.se>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 1996 21:21:06 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, odd@triumphclub.se
Bruce A. Krobusek wrote:

> After a week-long trip with the wife last year in our TR6 I've decided that we
> need just a tad bit more luggage capacity. (Much existing room is lost
> carrying spare parts!  :-)  )  I would like to use the luggage rack for what
> it's intended, but I haven't found what I consider suitable luggage to strap
> on it.
>
> What I'm looking for is something that looks like it belongs strapped on
> the trunk, is waterproof, and is (somewhat) resistant to theft. I've
>considered
> Samsonite and American Tourister, but I'd really like something that looks
> better. It doesn't have to be too large; I'm more concerned about keeping
> whateve is inside dry.
>
> Suggestions?
>
>      - BAK -
>
>       Bruce A. Krobusek
>         Rochester   NY
>        tinyhost@aol.com
>        CIS: 74106,1335
>           '83 R80RT
>       '72 TR6  CC75665LO

-
My recommendation would be a "Pelican Case". They're available in many
diver and such stores and comes in a variety of sizes. I myself use a
"King Pelican Case" - It excellent!!!
It's:
Waterproof, sealed with an o-ring.
Airtight [it's even got a depressuriser valve if You have travelled to a
different altitude!], thank's to the o-ring.
Lockable with any padlock, _and_ with latches.
Guarranteed against anything ["except sharkbite, bear attack and children
under five"] for life if I remember it right.
_Really sturdy_.
And comes in a variety of colours [as long as You choose black I guess
;-)].
- and on top it looks as if it would survive the upcoming crash better
than You...

I bought mine mail order from Chicago [they weren't available in Sweden
at the time] ten years ago and it's still as new.

--

Odd Hedberg
 International liaison sec.   Club URL : http://www2.passagen.se/triumph/