Classic car insurance

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Classic car insurance
From: pleask@mailhost.wlc.com (Pat Leask)
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 1996 19:40:54 -0800
SNIP:Bill (or anyone),
>do you know what restrictions these policies have on use, storage or
>degree of restoration?  I'd love to find cheap insurance for my '72
>TR6, but it's not restored and currently lives outside under a cover.
>This seems to disqualify me for most low cost classic car insurance.
>If I could reduce my premiums significantly (currently about $400/yr)
>maybe my S.O. wouldn't be so eager to sell it.

Just a little information for you SHOK (Store House Of Knowledge !). Up here
in the great white north (British Columbia) our Provincial car insurance
(Provincial car insurance for basic is mandatory). They have a catagory for
"Collectors"  , any car OVER 26 years of age, no visable rust, and is box
stock has it's own insurance rates. To qualify for your "Collectors"  plates
you must submit no less than ten photos of your car and have it pass
inspection to ensure it meets the quality demanded. We pay, and get this- $
250.00 Canadian a year. This includes collision etc. Not bad hu !

This is not meant to "Tick" anyone off, just a tid bit of information with
respec to car insurance. The reason we have this low rate, is because for
once our ICBC (Insurance Corp. of BC) has done something smart ! They assume
(and correctly so) that if a car such as ours is good enought to qualify for
the collectors plates, the owners take good care of the car. Such as not
driving it in the rain, snow, park in parking lots etc etc. And how true it
is, you never see collectors plates out in the winter, except on those "I
can't resist days".
Pat Leask
pleask@mailhost.wlc.com
Victoria B.C.