Re: Classic car insurance

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, Pat Leask <pleask@mailhost.wlc.com>
Subject: Re: Classic car insurance
From: Odd Hedberg <odd@triumphclub.se>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 1996 22:44:16 -0800
On the string about lbc insurance costs:

Here in still _very_ snowy and winter wonderland-like Sweden, the Triumph
Club offers three different insurance schemes, all at _very_ competitive
rates, the best one is: [please sit down before reading further ;-)]

    384 Sw Kronor per year, _full_ coverage, _no_ fixed mileage limit!!!!
[SEK 384 is about USD 51] The snag is that You aren't allowed to use the
car as any kind of everyday transport vehicle, and the annual mileage should
be "limited".

OK. We're taxed to death over here but we do survive the insurance rates...

My everyday transport, a VW Jetta '86 costs SEK 2172 [USD 290] per year
with full coverage and unlimited mileage.

How's it in the rest of the Triumph World? Anyone out there?
--

Odd Hedberg
 International liaison sec.   Club URL : http://www2.passagen.se/triumph/