RE: VTR's insurance program

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: VTR's insurance program
From: "Jeff Wagner" <JWAGNER@jmail.umd.edu>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 1996 15:31:41 EST
Bill Sohl wrote, regarding joining VTR:

>Most recently, VTR has worked out an agreement with a
>major classic auto insurance carrier to now
>provide low cost collector car auto liability for any year
>Triumph at costs far below regular insurance rates.

Bill (or anyone),
do you know what restrictions these policies have on use, storage or
degree of restoration?  I'd love to find cheap insurance for my '72
TR6, but it's not restored and currently lives outside under a cover.
This seems to disqualify me for most low cost classic car insurance.
If I could reduce my premiums significantly (currently about $400/yr)
maybe my S.O. wouldn't be so eager to sell it.

Jeff Wagner
College Park, MD