Re: Spitfire emission control air pipe

To: b_martin@lifesci.lscf.ucsb.edu, triumphs@autox.team.net, BRITISH-CARS@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spitfire emission control air pipe
From: SCHWANGAU@aol.com
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 1995 12:51:26 -0400
Brent Martin

You may need to swap heads to keep your orig smog set up for your model year.
 Depends on how astute your local smog shop is.  If they know the cars or
read the underhood data plate, your car will not comply.  Then on the other
hand, though they work hard, I am not sure some of those guys can read
english, based on how they speak it.  What does it take to get a smog
license, anyway?

By the way, what are you doing with the spare transmission, and does it have
overdrive?   I am looking for one for my 65 Spitfire.

Brian N
Los Gatos, CA