Re[2]: Spitfire emission control air pipe

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re[2]: Spitfire emission control air pipe
From: Mike A Gendimenico <Mike_A_Gendimenico@ccm.sc.intel.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 95 08:29:43 PST
Text item:

Regarding registration games this was the dialog:

> Brent Martin
>
> You may need to swap heads to keep your orig smog set up for your model
year.
>  Depends on how astute your local smog shop is.  If they know the cars or
> read the underhood data plate, your car will not comply.

I would think as long as the car has the air injection system in place
somewhere, you'll be OK.  In CA, all they do is look in a book that has a check
list of what devices the car is supposed to have.  Most smog shops are not very
familiar with British cars, so they most likely would not know wether the
injectors are supposed to be in the head or manifold.

Mike G.

Text item: External Message Header