Spitfire emission control air pipe

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spitfire emission control air pipe
From: "Brent Martin" <b_martin@lifesci.lscf.ucsb.edu>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 1995 08:38:54 -0700 (PDT)
Dear All,

I have found a replacement engine for my Spitfire and I'm hoping to switch
it out this weekend. But I have a complication: my bad engine (77-78 ?) has
the emission control air pump to head set-up but the new engine (78) doesn't
have the ports in the head for the air pump manifold. By looking at the
pictures in the VB catalog, it seems that there was a period in about 78
when the air pump went to the exhaust manifold. Moss, TRF, VB don't have
this pipe. It appears that my exhaust manifold has a plug where it should
connect     Do any of you know where I can get this air pipe that screws
into the exhaust manifold?

thanks, brent
b_martin@lifesci.lscf.ucsb.edu        Santa Barbara