Re: TR-6 glovebox design

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR-6 glovebox design
From: Joe Flake <flake@a3115jmf.atl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 95 15:11:20 EDT
Mailer: Elm [revision: 70.85]
Scott added to my TR6 dash comment with:

> There is a spring thing that should pop the door open when you depress the
> latch. The spring thing was actually part of the switch that turns on the
> light in the glove box. Even TR250s - which have no glove box light - have
> the switch to open the door.
>
> From: Joe Flake
> What!?  You have a light!  (mine has a hole where a light ought to be!)

I always learn from this group.  I went back to take a closer
look at my dash yesterday.  Seems that indeed I do have a glove
box light switch (but the spring still isn't enough to open the
door -- my drivers licence is still needed.)

But the real surprise was that I have a glove compartment light!

Well sort of...
As I pushed the switch in/out several times playing with the glove
compartment door, I noticed a flash of light from down within the
bowels of the dash and air vent near the glove compartment.  The
light is there!  It even works!  I can ALMOST touch it from below
with an probing finger!  But darned if I can figure out how to get
it back to its original location without major dissambly.

Let's see...
Remove dash to get to glove compartment door.  Speedometer needs
work, so while I'm in take care of that.  Dash lights need attention.
The wiper switch isn't right.  Etc.  Etc.  Isn't that the way frame
off rebuilds get started?!

I believe I'll just leave it where it is.

Cheers!
Joe Flake
flake@a3115jmf.atl.hp.com