Re: TR-6 glovebox design

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR-6 glovebox design
From: jab@netrix.com
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 1995 15:32:10 +0500
> By the way, last night I had a look at the relevant pages in the TRF
>catalogue.
> It showed the presence of a fingerpull piece, which one would pull on while
> depressing the button. Seems to make sense. Reading the fineprint, however, I
> found that this part was 'not fitted to TR6'. Why not?
>
> Pete

The omission is probably a safety issue.  The US spec. TR7 has a really ugly
pad in the middle of the steering wheel (which interfears with steering
quite a bit!) to meet the safety standard.  The glovebox latch is a
twist-to-operate deal that has a padded handle.  I expect
that a rigid fingerpull would not pass the safety design review.

-Jim.
'76 TR7