RE: Trans & Cooling

To: pwiegman@ix.netcom.com
Subject: RE: Trans & Cooling
From: aj253@rgfn.epcc.Edu (Tony Robinson)
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 95 12:30:14 MDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, Cc:@rgfn.epcc.Edu

Paul,
  You may get a double dose of this message. I put a comma after "net"
on first reply, by accident, and the mail daemon got afetr me.
  On the water pump, the bronze bushing is usually what goes. On some
TR3-4 pumps, there is a grease fitting to help keep the bushing lubed.
I know there is a fiting on the TR4 I have.
  This car was origninlly sold in Mexico City . I think it has
been  through two previous owners. Triumphs were very popular
inMexico, as they are today. There also seems to be a pretty  good
supply of parts down there. The only problem is there are so many
fees and duties, it isn't practical to try and get them  across
the Border.
  I put Morey's in the trans of the 68 GT6 about two years ago.
The car has been driven almost daily since. Only recently did the
lay gear give it up. So the trannie isbeing replaced on Friday of
this week since the lay gear is no longer available. I'm also
swapping out the 4.1.1 rearend for a 3.2.7. This should greatly
improve
my road speed.
  I also use Moery's in teh carnkcase. It's real thick, like STP
but doesn't break down under heat. Sure helps prevent dry
starts after the car has sat for a week or so.
  You mentioned TRF. Charles Runyan was on line recently. His e-mai add;
is.
  COVCAR@aol.com
 This is a personal line. Not for orders or info.
  Good luck on the water pump.
Tony R.
69GT6
68GT6