Re: ZS throttle shaft air leakage

To: JMardy@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: ZS throttle shaft air leakage
From: JHarroun@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 1995 11:00:51 -0400
John,

As far as I know, there are only a few solutions to this problem.
1.  Take the carb to a machine shop to drill out and re-bush the carbs, then
buy new shafts.
2.  There may be oversize shafts available, in which case you just need to
have a machine shop ream out the carbs to be in line and the right diameter.
3.  I have a cheap friend who puts a gob of Silicone (RTV) around his shafts
from the outside about once every other month.

This is the basic reason many people suggest you don't bother with rebuilt
carbs, because many of them have loose throttle shafts and replacing all the
gaskets doesn't do a bit of good.

Good Luck,

Jim H