windshield

To: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: windshield
From: "carolien coulter" <carolien@coastalnet.com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 14:49:59 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi everyone,
I need a 101 on windshield installation. Everything is out. the frame etc. I
s it necessary to use silicone sealant between the frame and rubber seal and
between rubber seal and glass? Do you put the rubber seal around the glass
first and then install the whole thing in the frame or do you put the seal
in the frame and the try to install the glass? ( not that either way has
worked for me all day!).Or do you install the fram on the car and then try
to put glass and seal in ? Any tips are greatly appreciated. because right
now I'm awful close to heading for the glass shop.
Thanks Carol.