Re: windshield

To: "Daniel Thompson" <dthompson@gbc.ca>, "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: windshield
From: "Larry and Sandi Miller" <millerls@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 13:02:02 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Daniel

It's not that bad.  I did it by myself in the middle of the living room
floor.

I installed the rubber on the glass and then installed it in the frame.
With the rubber on the glass, I put a small cotton cord in the frame groove
of the rubber with an overlap at the end where the two ends of the cord met
(with both
ends of the cord sticking out of the groove) . I then got the rubber started
on the frame at the end where the cords came out. While keeping pressure on
the glass (glass on the floor with frame side up)  to keep the rubber
pressed against the frame, I slowly pulled the cord out. This pulled the
rubber over the frame. I did not use any sealant
because the car won't be driven in the rain.  If the car is going to be out
in the weather you should at least put sealant on the frame side, especially
in the lower corners. Hope this helps.  Anyway you do it, it's a pain in the
butt, it took me more than one try before I got it.

Larry Miller