Re: Bugeye Parts Needed - Help!

To: dthompson@gbc.ca
Subject: Re: Bugeye Parts Needed - Help!
From: Ron Madurski <rmadursk@galaxy.galstar.com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 12:56:56 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
:

I have a dissimilar experience.  I bought my 79 midget from a guy in
Louisiana.  We started talking about welders on another list and he
mentioned he had this car and I mentioned I had always wanted one.  He
said he didn't want it and it wasn't selling down there.  I offered
$1000 he asked for $1500.  He sent me some pictures.  I went and got it.
Oh yeah, I live in Tulsa, OK.

I had to do some work on it and it still needs a little work.  It has a
crappy paint job and the seat is bent, the top is a little rough.  But,
it starts first try, there are lots of new parts (he was working on
getting it back on the road) and it only has 21K miles on it (It was his
father's car, he had only driven it a few years when he got rear ended
and put it in storage).  I could drive it daily if I wanted to but I'd
like to keep the miles down on it.  I typically drive it about once a
week or so to work and to buzz around town.

:
:
:Lesson: never, ever buy a car sight unseen! A while ago I was looking a at a
:car for sale in Calif. The seller said the usual great things. I asked the
:list if someone could check it out and Dave Brown came forward. He visited the
:seller, took digital pictures, and threw in some great opinions. Needless to
:say, the car was not all it was cracked up to be! Kudos to Dave!
:
:Anyway, look at the website http://www.specialcar.com under Austin healey.
:There is a guy in Washington called Jim who is selling a lot of Bugeye stuff
:like you mention. I have not used him, so caveat emptor.
:
:Daniel