[Spits] Tonneau cover attachment

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spits] Tonneau cover attachment
From: Stuart Greenwood <sagreenwood@att.net>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 21:50:05 -0700 (PDT)
I have an original factory tonneau which at the front has metal eye holes
where it slips of the pegs on the top of the dash.  But it tends to fly off in
the wind. To me this can  only work if the tonneau is a tight fit so the eyes
hold fast beneath the lip on the pegs.  Is this correct or am I missing some
kind of fastener?  Maybe like the ones used on some TR2/3s which have a spring
clip  on each side of the part attached to the tonneau so the spring
compresses as it slips over the lip on the pegs and then snaps back  to grip
the peg

Stuart a Greenwood
71 Mk IV Spitfire, 71Mk 1 Stag