Re: [Spits] Rear spring

To: <sagreenwood@att.net>, <parrotthead01@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Spits] Rear spring
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 22:00:00 -0700
Anyone wishing to restore the swing-spring from a MkIV or 1500 will probably
have the same experience.  This is because the springs are inherently weak
to start with and will ultimately start sagging much sooner than the springs
in the earlier Spitfires.  It is just "the nature of the beast"

Replacing them with new ones will solve the problem but it will sooner or
later come back.

My 2 cents worth,
Joe