[Spits] Rear spring

To: parrotthead01@comcast.net
Subject: [Spits] Rear spring
From: Stuart Greenwood <sagreenwood@att.net>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 21:32:03 -0700 (PDT)
I took my rear spring apart during my restoration and cleaned the leafs up and
fitted new buttons but it's not a success. The leafs were too tired. restoring
them like you intend will be fruitless unless you are sure the leafs are OK.
Really the only way to tell is  if the car bottomed on the bump rubber when
going over a slight bump in the road with two up. I would say forget restoring
them if this occurs.  As to the FRONT mark my memory is a bit hazy but I think
that this is on the main leaf.. the one that has the eyes for the rubber
bushes. Front means to the front of the car of course. The other leaves I
beleive can be fitted either way round.

Stuart a Greenwood
71 Mk IV Spitfire, 71Mk 1 Stag