[Spits] Door mirrors

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spits] Door mirrors
From: Stuart Greenwood <sagreenwood@att.net>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 21:42:30 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks to all the people who replied.  I going to use the TRF TEX ones and
bolt them to the doors as Mike Jones did.
While on the subject of mirrors TRF always state that the bullet ones don't
work well on the Right Hand Side. The bullet door mirrors I have( they are the
small ones not the huge ones oringially fitted by dealers to the left hand
side) also have this problem but it can be overcome. The bullet is bolted to
the base. You can elongate the bolt hole and twist the bullet around so it's
non longer  parallel to the base. You only need a little bit of twist and then
you can get enough angle on the mirror itself so it works OK on the RHS.  This
is OK if only you drive the car, or the other person  uses the same seat
position as you. In my case the wife sits closer to the wheel and I needed so
much twist on the bullet that it looked really way off parallel to the base.
So that's why I'm using the Tex ones.

Stuart a Greenwood
71 Mk IV Spitfire, 71Mk 1 Stag