Re: Door Mirrors for Spitfire MK3 1970

To: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Subject: Re: Door Mirrors for Spitfire MK3 1970
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 14:38:24 EDT
In a message dated 9/20/2006 1:06:17 PM Eastern Standard Time,
zoboherald@aol.com writes:

> Granted, my actual experience was with a 1970 GT6+,
> where I found it absolutely impossible to find a satisfactory mount
> point for a bullet mirror that would give a decent field of view AND
> not interfere with the vent window. At least you don't have the latter
> problem!

Andy,
That is the exact problem I have.  Plan is to mount a flat TR250 style
mirror, driver's side only.  I am even going to say that these mirrors were
originally put on some GT6's and I have a NOS one ready to install.  Not that
this is
a consideration with my fully modified 68/70 GT6+, I just need to see what is
behind me.  Not that this is that important either since the GT likes to go
fast.  I just hope it works because you have to drill a hole with this style
into the interior of the door so there is no going back.  Any thoughts?
Cheers,
Darrell.

===     http://www.vtr.org