Oddball breakdown Monday

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Oddball breakdown Monday
From: s1500@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 18:34:17 +0000
While it was getting a bit colder out, I decided to take the Spit to work
anyways. In the morning, I had to warm it up(white smoke & all), but it drove
to work just great. 4 hours later, I drove it out to lunch, and it drove great.
5 minutes later I decided to  go home to telecommute. I got about 1000 feet
before the RPMs were going down, and the engine died. I tried to restart about
3 or 4 times and while it turned over, it didn't really run. I pop open the
hood and nothing looks out of place. I pull the choke , and I'm on my way
again. This was around 50ish degree weather. Anyone know what it might be? I
opened the trunk and with the rear fuel tank panel out, I noticed that the fuel
filter was half full(which is correct). Tank was 1/4 full.

Horrifying part: when the car was coasting(super slow) I pop the clutch and
heard the biggest wham this car has ever experienced. Car jostled quickly like
was scared. Remind me not to pop the clutch when the engine's at 0 rpms. Jeesh!

--
http://infaux.net

===     http://www.vtr.org