GT6+ Puking Gas

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6+ Puking Gas
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 15:35:10 EDT
Hey Guys,
The GT6+ is puking gas out of the front Carb AGAIN!  The first time was after
the long trailer run to Texas.  I spent the 1st day there with my face in
gas.  It was flying out of the vent hole.  You would think a stuck needle valve
so I replaced it with a new one.  Still puking so out of desperation I just put
the old one back in and adjusted the float.  Ran great all during the next
three days of the Convention.

Long trailer ride home and the front carb is puking again.  I am stumped.  I
am really stumped that the new valve did not work.  This is an early non
emission Stromberg 150 CD. Gas tank is redone by the gas tank ReNu process.
Good
in line filter. TR6 fuel pump.  When I took it apart the first time in Texas
all looked well.  Nothing in the float bowl, the float floats and is adjusted
correctly.  Maybe this Carb just don't like trailers?  Getting close to taking
it apart again.  What say the List?

Thanks in advance for any insight,
Darrell

===     http://www.vtr.org