SU HS 4

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: SU HS 4
From: Roger Elliott <elliottr@rmi.net>
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2006 13:12:58 -0500
Hi Everyone.

I have a 80 Spitfire that I have put dual SU HS4s on.  I have 2 questions.

1.  The float chamber tops are different front carb to back carb.  Is
the only difference the fuel lines?  The reason that I am asking is
that  I the float bowls that I have are from an early Spitfire, where I
believe the fuel line came into the front one and then continued to the
back one.  I want to run the fuel line into the back one and then to the
front.

2.  The floats all seem to be solid plastic now.  So there is no metal
tab to adjust the float level.  I have 2 different references for my
carb.  One says the float level should be 1/8 the other says 3/16.
Well, on mine I have 3/16 and 1/4.  I see no way of adjusting them.
What is correct?  I tried switching the floats and even tried a
different float  the problem persists.

Thanks,
Roger

===     http://www.vtr.org