Clutch fork pin

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Clutch fork pin
From: S1500 <s1500@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 17:47:53 -0500
http://ljvaughan.homestead.com/IMG_0733.JPG

I'm looking at my own transmission bellhousing, lookin' for that pin. In
the picture listed in the URL above, there's the pin sticking out and
what appears to be a circlip so it doesn't fall through.

Mine doesn't have that. What I can only find out through probing is some
sort of shorter length pin that doesn't stick out from the top or
bottom. I'm wondering just how worn/messed up that pin is.

Would it be possible for me to hammer out said pin and replace it with a
new one? Or is that job only possible with the transmission out? In the
haynes manual it just says "metal drift", which, well, I'm left
scratching my head on.

===     http://www.vtr.org