Re: Spitfire differential with GT6 ring and pinion gears

To: "M D Nugent" <carcentric@yahoo.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spitfire differential with GT6 ring and pinion gears
From: <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 19:36:22 -0400
Doc...
   In a 3.27 pumpkin, the main carrier unique to that ring gear. It's also
the 'fragile' part of which you speak. With the diameter of the ring gear
required the carriers structure to be very thin in comparison to all the
others. The frame carrier cracks across the webbing around the spider gears.
The ring will not fit any other carriers. The entire carrier with gear can
be transplanted though without issues (other than spacer shims and etc)
btdt

Paul Tegler
ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com