RE: Spitfire differential with GT6 ring and pinion gears

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@cox.net>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Spitfire differential with GT6 ring and pinion gears
From: M D Nugent <carcentric@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 16:28:12 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks for the quick response, Joe.

First, do you know the pinion gear tooth count for the 3.27 and 3.89?
If the pinion gears are the same, the 3.89 crown/ring gear would be
BIGGER (in diameter) than the 3.27's crown/ring gear, so wouldn't there
be more than enough room for a (smaller) 3.27 gear in a 3.89 case?

Second, what's a "2.37" diff from?  Sounds like something you'd want
for dry lakes top speed racing.  Since I've never seen it listed as a
stock part, is it really an available item?

Third, to be practical, are the GT6 parts most likely to break the same
as the Spitfire parts, or are they unique?

Thanks,
MDN

===     http://www.vtr.org