RE: Spitfire differential with GT6 ring and pinion gears

To: "'M D Nugent'" <carcentric@yahoo.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Spitfire differential with GT6 ring and pinion gears
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 15:42:40 -0700
Doc,
All the GT6 and MkIV/1500 Spitfire diffs have common parts for the most
part.  The big exception is the 3.27 which had such a large crown gear that
the offset is different.  I think that requires the case to be different as
well.  I learned this when I was looking for a limited slip for the 2.37 and
discovered that the Quaife only fits the other GT6/MkIV and 1500 units but
not the 3.27.

So, If you are planning to use the 3.27 and want a spare, you are advised to
find a 2.37 pumpkin and keep it on your parts shelf.

Joe