Re: Determining rear end rattle?

To: s1500@comcast.net, Spitfires <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Determining rear end rattle?
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 12:03:11 -0700 (PDT)
A long time ago I had a squeak in the gas tank area,
and it turned out to be a broken spot weld where the
top of the vertical tank side support piece was welded
to the edge of the cockpit.  I fixed it with a pop
rived and all was well.

If you are trying to track down a rear end noise,
make sure every last thing is out of the trunk!

Doug Braun
'72 Spit

===     http://www.vtr.org