Re: Spitfire & GT6 parts lists

To: "Bill Gingerich" <wrgingerich@msn.com>, <nass@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: Re: Spitfire & GT6 parts lists
From: doug@dougbraun.com
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 09:02:18 -0500
At 09:26 PM 1/5/2006 -0600, Bill Gingerich wrote:
>Greetings, fellow listers,
>

>OK, this is going to sound either way off the wall, or very AR.  Has anyone
>ever computerized the factory parts lists for the Spit or GT6 in Excel,
>Access or anything like that?  I'm taking some database classes and need to
>design a database as an individual project.  One of the things I've always
>wished I had was an inventory system for all of the parts I've collected
>over the years.  What I'm thinking of doing is creating the parts database,
>creating bar codes for each part using factory numbers, labeling the parts,
>scanning them into the database, assigning a location, and then storing the
>parts in those locations.  The goal, of course, is to know what I have, and
>where it is.  I'd also like to create bills of material for various
>sub-assembles like transmissions, doors, etc that I have.  That way I could
>enter a 3 rail gearbox into the inventory, and reflect those parts in the
>totals.  And in answer to your questions:

The Roadster Factory has .xls and text versions of their price list,
which has, of course, fields for the part number , supersessions, and
description.
I use the text version whenever I am wondering if some part can be gotten.

Obviously there could be copyright issues if you ever wanted to
distribute something derived from it.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit

===     http://www.vtr.org