Torque spec for conrods on a 1500 engine?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net (Spitfires)
Subject: Torque spec for conrods on a 1500 engine?
From: s1500@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 15:56:03 +0000
Looking at the manualas, I get two figures for torque spects. 46 lbs/ft and 50
lbs/foot, depending on materials for the conrod. One said phosphate, I think?
But, alas, I do not know the material composition of said conrods in my engine.
Which torque figure should I shoot for?

Getting ever so closer to getting the engine back together. After buying a
cheap powered(not battery operated) drill, all the paint & surface rust from
the oil pan is gone. Primed everything except the top lip, and the prime job
came out nicely for a can I randomly found in my inventory. Now I just need to
do a bit of clean up * masking for the top lip. I think I have an idea. Tape
the edges off inside, and put some cardboard in and tape that to the edge. Of
course, a major de-greasing will be done first inside the oil pan.

--
http://infaux.net

===     http://www.vtr.org