RE: Spitfire & GT6 parts lists

To: "'Bill Gingerich'" <wrgingerich@msn.com>, <nass@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: RE: Spitfire & GT6 parts lists
From: "Bill Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 10:24:01 -0000

Hi Bill,
Very interesting project. The major traders will have done something similar
in compiling their catalogues and lists, but there are major gaps in all
listings I've seen to date.
One thing which may be a concern if you hope to compile an absolutely
authoritative list. Subsequent editions of the factory parts lists generally
note superceded parts with their change points. There are some exceptions,
where later editions simply omit all references to the earlier components.
In the case of the Herald 1200 I tend to cross reference across five
editions. I don't have multiple editions of all the Spitfire and GT6 lists,
but there is certainly potential for the same kind of omission,
Cheers,
Bill.

Rarebits4classics

PO Box 1232