RE: Spitfire & GT6 parts lists

To: "Bill Gingerich" <wrgingerich@msn.com>,
Subject: RE: Spitfire & GT6 parts lists
From: "Gosling, Richard B" <Richard.Gosling@atkinsglobal.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 09:20:54 -0000
Sounds a hell of a job, but one that would be very useful to many of us.

There may be a bit of a challenge getting consistent data - I find that
some of the catalogues give slightly different information than each
other.  I guess you need to pick one source (John Thomason's Guide to
Originality?) and stick to that where differences crop up.

As an exercise for your database class this sounds an ambitious project
- I bet you end up with something way more advanced than your class
colleagues!  Should get you top marks!!  Actually entering the data will
take a fair amount of time, I imagine.

Just to make your life more complicated, how about including the price
of each part from each of the main vendors, so you can see at a glance
where the cheapest place to go is for a given part?  I guess that
information will keep getting out of date, however.

Richard Gosling

This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected. If
you are not the addressee, any dissemination of this communication is strictly
prohibited. Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing, nothing stated in
this communication shall be legally binding.

===     http://www.vtr.org