Re: Suspension question and more...

To: "David Mayer" <celiracer81@hotmail.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Suspension question and more...
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 13:00:00 -0700
Dave,
On any Spit prior to the MkIV and 1500 models, you want to make sure that
the shocks you put on the rear do not use gas charged technology (such as
KYB).  These shocks force the suspension to be flexed to its highest and
force the rear camber to be in a positive stance.

Don't forget the camber compensator if you are doing any spirited driving!
;)

Regarding painting, it is a good idea to have all the mechanicals in place
before painting the outside because no matter how hard I try, I can never
get all the pieces installed without ruining the paint job.

Cheers,
Joe