Engine Stand setup

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Engine Stand setup
From: <jkekenj@sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 0:43:42 -0500
How many and what size srews should be used to mount a Spit engine on a stand?
Is there a special mount required as the mounting screws seem to be very small
in diameter.

I mounted the 1500 engine from my 75 Spit on a new stand. Could only use four
5/16" screws on the back of the engine to mount it on the stand.  These srews
seem to be very small and I'm concerned about rotating the engine, in case the
srews strip and the engine falls.

JimK

===     http://www.vtr.org