Suspension question and more...

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Suspension question and more...
From: "David Mayer" <celiracer81@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 19:19:52 +0000
Hello Listers,
First off, Happy New Year!

  As I am getting ready to send the car out to be painted (I know it has
taken a while, but i am always in limbo trying to decide if i want it
done...or if i want to do it myself).  Anyways, I always had in the back of
my mind to replace the shocks front and rear and the front springs.
SpitBits has the springs for $72.00/pair and the standard shocks for $133.00
set (front & rear w/ bushings).  Good Prices?  Anywhere else i should check
out?  I have always had good luck with Nigel over there at Spitbits.

  And here is yet another advice seeking question from me.  I have had it in
my head that i want the Spit painted this winter so it would be ready to go
come summer.  I had originally planned on having the exterior painted in the
winter, then come spring time, pull the motor again so i can clean the
engine bay and paint that myself.  In your expert opinions, should i do that
first and THEN have the exterior painted?  Or am i ok doing it in a
seemingly bass-ackwards kind of way?  I figured, while it was off being
painted i would have time to collect all the rest of what i need to finish
the project (carpet set, shocks, misc. little stuff), then when it gets
back, engine bay finishing and slap everything together.  Bad idea?  Good
Idea?  Any thoughts or comments are welcome.
  I am to the point where i just want the car done so i can enjoy it!

Thanks,
  Dave
'68 Spit MkIII

===     http://www.vtr.org