My Spit is dead

To: "Spitfire List \(E-mail\)" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: My Spit is dead
From: "Martin Pearce" <dungey@pearcem95.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 19:52:44 +0100
On the way to the local TSSC meeting last night, my Spitfire just died in a
back lane, and I could not get here started.

Lovelly RAC man tried to tell me that it was the fuel pump that had packed up,
this was whilst he also mentioned they were short staffed and wouldnt get to
me for at least 2 hrs. Did have enough tools to check that fuel was still
getting through.

Got home in the garage late last night, managed to get some time off today for
a decent look.

Have a 63 Spit4 with +ve earth. Have a special electronic ignition for my car
which has worked fine.

Have managed to identify that there is no spark at all, so we must be looking
at an electrical fault. Power is at the coil and at the HT lead. Am wondering
if the electronic ignition unit has packed up, any idea s on where to
look/check?

Fustrated of Westbury.