RE: My Spit is dead

To: "'Martin Pearce'" <dungey@pearcem95.freeserve.co.uk>,
Subject: RE: My Spit is dead
From: "Bill Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 21:26:28 +0100

Hi Martin,
Is this a spark booster unit or a true integrated electronic system which
replaces the points? I've only seen the former type for a positive earth
car.

> Have managed to identify that there is no spark at all, so we must be
> looking
> at an electrical fault. Power is at the coil and at the HT lead. Am
> wondering
> if the electronic ignition unit has packed up, any idea s on where to
> look/check?

It should be quite simple to bypass an ignition booster as a sanity check.
A fully integrated digital system will be very susceptible to a drop in
battery voltage, unlike a conventional system ignition failure is likely to
be sudden rather than gradual a the voltage drops below the operational
threshold. I think we need some more information on the system installed.

> Fustrated of Westbury.

Is that Westbury in Wiltshire?
Cheers,
Bill.