Re: Depressing News

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Depressing News
From: public@sweavo.34sp.com
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 14:02:31 +0100
Bummer about your bad news, Michael.  For my tuppence-worth, I would say take a
bunch of photos of you smiling in the car and sell her as an MOT failure /
project car.

If she does need a body-off job, making the repairs now isn't going to change
that, so I'm guessing MOT isn't going to make much difference to the sort of
buyer you're looking for.  The sort of buyer it WOULD make a difference to is
the sort who's just going to drive the car into the ground...

The rented garage job is a recipe for a decade of constantly feeling slightly
guilty for not having fixed her up yet.  Better to let go, have had a good
time, and save the money, time, and heartache for maybe buying a car in better
shape later.

That's my take on the situation.  That said, I finally didn't sell my MkII last
year despite having resolved it was the only sensible thing to do :-)